Simple genetic profiling can give you the “smarts” on a number issues that concern you long term health. Wellness is all about being proactive with your health rather than being reactive when something goes wrong. While genetics may be the state-of-the-art medical technology, these reports are designed to be accessible and easily understood.
These tests are performed using a saliva sample and your comprehensive report returns in about 2 weeks. We can organise the dispatch of the collection kit and instructions + any other information you require.
Nutrigenomics DNA Insight
This is 50 page genetic profile that can analyse 75 of your genetic markers. Providing you with the latest, most comprehensive nutrigenomics on diet, exercise, eating behaviours and health conditions to help you better understand the way your body works. The report explains the following insights in greater detail:
The Right Diet for You
- Low fat, low carb, balanced, Mediterranean or balanced.
- Response to Monounsaturated Fats
- Response to Polyunsaturated Fats
- Omega-6 and Omega-3 Levels
Eating Behaviour Traits
- Snacking, prone to feelings of hunger, satiety or gluttony
- Do you have a food desire or sweet tooth?
- Can you metabolise caffeine or alcohol, have a bitter or sweet sensation
- Lactose intolerance
- Low in particular vitamins or prone to deficiency in particular vitamins
- How are you genetically influenced to exercise and what type of exercise best suits you:
- Endurance training, strength training, muscle power, aerobic capacity
Response to Exercise:
– Insulin Sensitivity Response – Weight Loss
– Blood Pressure
– HDL (Good) Cholesterol
– Loss of Body Fat
Your Body & Weight
- Weight loss-regain and your metabolism
- Likelihood or not for obesity
Metabolic Health Factors
- Elevated LDL Cholesterol
- Elevated Triglycerides Decreased HDL
- Elevated cholesterol & blood sugar
Cardiac Health DNA Insight
A genetic profile highlighting your risk for a broad range of heart-related conditions and also examines eight classes of drugs that affect the cardiovascular system – important for monitoring medication & dosage.
Health Conditions DNA Insight
This test looks into your likelihood or not, to develop a range of medical conditions according to your genes for common determinants of acute and chronic disease.
Medication Response DNA Insight
Are you bothered about how you might respond to certain medication, particularly long term use of certain drugs.